Skip to main content
Undergraduate Admissions

Adult Learner Applicants

It's never too late

If you’re going back to school, Loyola wants to make that familiar campus feeling more rewarding

We’ve got academic and financial support to offer, along with this FAQ page for your questions.

I’ve never taken college classes, I’m over 21, and have been out of high school over three years:

If you haven’t taken college classes and you’re over 21, you should follow our pre-set transfer plan with Delgado Community College. After attending Delgado and establishing your academic record, you’d transfer to Loyola to finish your four-year degree. Talk with our transfer counselors to learn more.

I’m under 21, graduated from high school in the past three years and haven’t taken any college classes:

We’re glad you’re interested in Loyola. You’ll follow the same application process as our future freshmen. Contact the admissions counselor assigned to your area.

I’ve completed credit hours at another university (no age requirement)

Sweet! We’re glad you’re looking at Loyola!  No matter your age or when you graduated high school, you’ll follow the same guidelines as transfer studentsJust contact one of our transfer counselors.

I’m military and have been (or about to be) honorably discharged.

We salute you! Truly. As a yellow ribbon school, we encourage veterans of all ages to talk with us about transferring. If you’ve taken military credits, we’ll need those transcripts. Standardized test scores are not required but if you have them, please include them. We also require your college transcripts (if you have less than 15 hours of college credit, also submit your high school transcripts) and a letter of recommendation from your commanding officer. This can be emailed, mailed or faxed to the attention of your counselor.

I’m interested in the Reflective Age Program (65 years or older)

Thirst for learning knows no age. Loyola New Orleans offers a unique chance for locals to mesh with traditional Loyola undergraduates. Classes are available on an “open seat” and audit status (credit won’t be awarded). Students must have permission of the instructor and will register for courses during the late registration period. Students in the Reflective Age Program aren’t charged tuition, but are responsible for all university fees. 

Our admissions counselors are here to help: (504) 865-3240, contact form, email, or staff contact info.