International Admission Requirements
Entering international students should submit the following:
- Completed Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- Official Test Scores*.
- All native English speakers should submit SAT and/or ACT results.
- All students currently attending an institution where English is the language of study should submit SAT and/or ACT results.
- International applicants who have attended foreign language programs may submit TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, or SAT results.
*Please note: To be considered for a merit scholarship, applicants must submit SAT or ACT results.
Generally, Loyola University New Orleans looks for successful applicants to score 79 or above on the IBT TOEFL, 213 or above on the CBT TOEFL, 550 or above on the PBT TOEFL, 6.5 or above on the IELTS, 450 or above on the SAT Critical Reading, or 19 or above on the ACT English.
Upon review of the student’s application, conditional admission can be granted for students who have a solid academic record, but below the above entrance scores through our intensive English program. Students must score a 5.5 or above on the IELTS, 500 or above on the PBT TOEFL, 173 or above on the CBT TOEFL, or a 61 or above on the IBT TOEFL to be admitted to the Intensive English Pilot Program.
- Official high school transcripts. Send transcripts showing completion of at least six semesters as soon as possible. Upon completion of your senior year of high school, submit a final copy of your transcript.
- 500-word personal essay.
- First-year students must have their high school counselor or a teacher submit the counselor/teacher evaluation form (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) or write a letter of recommendation.
- Resume of activities.
- Requiring F-1 or J-1 visas must submit an affidavit of support. First-year students with college-level work should also submit official transcripts from every college attended.
- If you are applying to the College of Music and Fine Arts, an audition, interview and/or portfolio review is required. For more information and to schedule your audition, click the applicable link: Music, Theatre Arts, Visual Arts.
- $20 application fee. (US dollars) - FEE WAIVED FOR ALL ONLINE APPLICATIONS*
The deadline for application and supporting documents is July 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.