Skip to main content

Non-Degree Seeking Students

Let's Get Started

A non-degree seeking student is one who wishes to take courses at Loyola University New Orleans on a continual basis, without pursuing a degree. 

An official transcript from the last institution attended is required in addition to the Application for Undergraduate Admission to the university. Contact the Office of Admissions at (504) 865-3240 for more information.


You don't have to be a Loyola student to take summer classes here!

All you need to do is complete a simple application and submit a transcript from your home institution. Transcripts can be sent standard mail or via a secure electronic transcript service. The address to have them sent:

Standard Mail:
Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Ave.
Campus Box 18
New Orleans, LA 70118




Transient/visiting applicants are students who attend another college or university but want to take classes at Loyola for a single semester or single summer. Students must be eligible to return to their home institution.

  1. Complete the Visiting Student Application.
  2. Submit an official transcript from your current or most recently attended college.

NOTE: Visiting/Transient students are not eligible for need- based financial aid or merit scholarships. Admission is granted for one semester. Students must re-apply to enroll in additional semesters.

Non-Degree Seeking

A non- degree applicant is a student that typically already has an undergraduate degree but wants to take selected undergraduate classes in order to fulfill pre-requisites needed for graduate school or other professional school admission.

  1. Complete the Non-Degree Student Application.
  2. Submit an official transcript from your undergraduate college.

Non-Degree seeking students do not qualify for financial aid. Students can take undergraduate courses on a continual basis without pursuing a degree.

To learn more, call 1-800-4-LOYOLA or schedule your visit online.