- Review the interview requirement
- Review how to schedule your interview
- Submit your College of Music and Fine Arts supplemental application
Bachelor of Design
- The interview consists of a conversation with Design faculty members
- You will be asked to express your goals and aspirations, past experiences in design, why you want to study at Loyola, etc.
- Be prepared to answer the question, “Why do you want to study design?”
- Pick a well-designed object that you would like to discuss and be prepared to tell us why you think it is well designed. What did the designers do right? What do you think, or know, went into it?
- A portfolio is not required to enter the design program at Loyola, and many successful applicants do not submit a portfolio. However, you do have the option to submit a portfolio in support of your application
- Submit no more than 10 digitized examples of your work- Submissions may include images, film, digital media, music and programming work
- Include a brief (1-2 sentence) description of each image, including the date the work was created
- Please do not mail us original works or physical portfolios
Questions? Contact Professor Daniela Marx
Schedule Your Design Interview
All interviews with the Department of Design are scheduled through the College of Music and Fine Arts supplemental application. The portfolio (optional) is also uploaded and submitted via this supplemental application.
The priority talent scholarship deadline to submit your College of Music and Fine Arts supplemental application is March 1.